What can you tell me about the EDD Debit Card from Bank of America?
A few years ago (I want to say 2012, but I’m not absolutely sure), the Employment Development Department of California struck up a deal with Bank of America to issue debit cards to those who are receiving unemployment benefits or some certain other forms of financial assistance. While it was a pain in the rear for a bunch of people who had to make this transition at the time, the service has proved to be pretty great for most individuals who need the funds.
How can I sign up for EDD benefits online?
If you have found yourself in a situation where you need to file for unemployment insurance through the state of California, I’d first like to say sorry – for two reasons.
- The first is that the situation you’re in is rough in the first place, I’ve been there and, to be honest, it sucks, especially if you have a family to support.
- Second, dealing with the EDD is terrible – I’d rather spend my day at the DMV then 15 minutes on the phone with them.
Anyway, to apply online, visit the eApply Onoline 4 UI website and go through all of the forms. You’re going to have to answer a lot of questions, but when you’re done you will be given instructions on what to do next and, hopefully, gain a little financial stability in these tough times.
How do I activate my new Bank of America EDD Debit Card?
Thankfully, once you have the card in hand, everything else is pretty simple. To activate your card, go to the EDD Debit Card activation page. To begin, fill in your debit card number and click “Continue” then keep going through the fields until you’re displayed a message that your debit card has been activated. During this process, you will also create your login credentials for the site, which will allow you to sign in and check your balance (as described below).
From there, you can use the card anywhere debit is accepted or pull the cash from an ATM machine.
How can I check the balance of my EDD Debit Card from Bank of America?
- Go to www.bankofamerica.com/EddCard
- Enter your user name or card number
- Click “SIGN IN”
- Enter your password if the security image matches the one you chose during card activation and continue into the site
- Your balance will be displayed prominently on the screen