What can you tell me about American Express?
American Express is primarily a credit card company and they have a huge share of the total credit card market in the United States. In fact, Amex cards make up almost a full quarter of all credit card purchases in the country.
Like most major corporations, American Express is also not without its (often notably harsh) criticisms and controversies. Still, they continue to keep a strong grip on a large part of the population and will likely remain a well-known financial contender for decades to come.
How can I apply for an American Express credit card?
If you would like to see (and apply for) some of the latest additions to the cards offered by American Express, visit American Express Credit Cards & Charge Cards page. And for those of you who would rather see every card available from the company in one fell swoop rather than a curated selection, head on over to Americanexpress View All Cards web page and check out every card that Amex has to offer.
Whichever method you choose, when you find a card you like, just click the “Apply Now” button that is under each card’s description and go through the forms to complete and submit your application.
How do I make an online payment on my Amex card?
- Navigate to the American Express payment portal at American Express.Com/Pbc
- If it’s not already chosen, use the dropdown box to select “Cards – My Account“
- Enter your User ID and Password – IF you don’t have these, click “Create New Online Account” as highlighted in green in the image below
- Click “Remember Me” to stay logged in for later visits to the site – Only do this if you’re on your home computer
- Click the blue “Log In” button
- Navigate to bill payment
- Select your payment date and amount
- Choose your payment method and input the details for it
- Submit your payment
- Look over the payment verification screen to ensure your details are correct
- Finalize your payment
Can I make payments over the phone?
Yes, you can. Just give them a call at 1-800-472-9297 and follow the audio prompts to complete your American Express bill pay.
What is the mailing address to send a check or money order?
For standard Amex bill payments (sent at least 5 days before the payment is due):
Rushed (overnight) Amex payments should be sent to:
What is American Express’s customer service number?
Should you encounter any problems with your Amex credit card, signing up for an account, logging in, making a payment or anything else having to do with the services offered by the company, give them a call at (800) 528-4800.
What’s up with the gladiator image on some of their cards?
Honestly, this has been a topic of much debate on the internet for as long as people have had access to message boards and chat rooms. Nevertheless, there still seems to be no particular reason that there’s a gladiator (or as some argue, a centurion… others say a Viking, but there’s no way that’s a Viking) on the front of so many millions of American Express cards.