What can you tell me about Hulu?
Actually, I have some pretty strong feelings about Hulu, especially since I gave up watching cable television a few years back. Even though the service receives a lot of flak for showing commercials before and during many of the TV shows, I personally don’t have a problem with the ads since the shows released through Hulu are really new. And, other than through internet piracy or by going back to paying a ridiculous amount of money just to watch a few channels through cable, there really is nowhere else I can catch these recently-released shows so easily.
Anyway, personal feelings aside and just in case you didn’t know, Hulu is a subscription-based video streaming service that has contracts with a number of television studios to release products for viewing consumption streaming over the internet. Unlike its direct competition Netflix, Hulu offers shows as new as a day old and their selection includes many different popular and obscure programs. They also offer a large number of movies to watch on demand; however, the movie selection is fairly lacking as they seem much more focused on the television entertainment aspect of the service.
Those considering signing up for Hulu can give it a test run by Hulu signing up for a one-week trial. After the trial is over
How can I activate my Hulu account on a device without having to log in?
This is one of those things that make me love Hulu that much more. Obviously, to activate Hulu on a gaming console or some other device you will have needed to already be signed up for the service. After signing up for the service (which you can do through the link in the last paragraph of the previous answer), you can activate one of your devices by following these instructions:
- Turn on the device you want to use Hulu on
- Install and run the Hulu app for the device by downloading it from whatever the platform’s app store is
- After seeing the app’s splash screen, select “Log in to Hulu Plus”
- You will see an image on your screen that tells you to go to www.Hulu.com/activate on your computer. Do that
- Log in with your email and password if required
- Once on the Activate Your Hulu Plus App page, enter the alphanumeric code that’s currently showing on your device’s screen
- Click the “activate” button and your device will automatically log you in from then on